The arrival of a new baby is one of the most precious and emotional moments in a family’s life.
Whether celebrating a birth or a christening, jewellery is a timeless gift that symbolises the love and attachment we feel for a child. In this article, we’ll explore jewellery for newborns and christenings, and their deeper meaning.
Jewellery for newborns
When a baby is born, it’s common to give them a piece of jewellery that symbolises the love and affection of their loved ones. Baby jewellery should be unique and exceptional. Here are some ideas for appropriate jewellery for a newborn baby :
1. Personalised medallion : a medallion with the baby’s name and date of birth is a meaningful gift. The parents can keep it as a precious memento and the baby can wear it when he or she grows up.
2. Pearl bracelet : a delicate custom-made pearl bracelet can be an elegant gift for a little girl. Make sure it’s secure to avoid any risk of choking.
3. Heart-shaped pendant : a heart-shaped pendant with a small photo of the baby is an emotional gift for mums and grandparents.
4. Birth ring : a small silver or gold ring with the date of birth engraved can be worn by the baby from an early age and will become a treasure as he or she grows.
5. Earrings : for girls, discreet earrings with teddy bear, star or flower motifs can be an adorable option.
Baptism is an important religious ceremony in many cultures. Christening jewellery has a special meaning and is chosen with care. Here are a few ideas :
1. Christening medal : a medal featuring the baby’s patron saint is a classic choice. It can be worn around the neck or attached to a bracelet.
2. Christening bracelet : a bracelet with a cross or medal of Christ is a traditional choice for babies at their baptism.
3. Chain with cross : a silver or gold chain with a small cross is a symbolic gift for boys or girls.
4. Jewellery with religious symbols : jewellery with religious symbols such as a dove, star or lamb is appropriate for a christening ceremony.
5. Family jewellery : christening jewellery passed down from generation to generation has a special meaning. If the family owns an antique piece of christening jewellery, this is the perfect time to pass it on to the newborn.
Whether for a new baby or a christening, jewellery is a precious gift that recalls important moments in a child’s life. They can be kept as mementos and passed down from generation to generation, creating a lasting bond between family members.
Whatever you choose, make sure the jewellery is of high quality and safe for the baby, especially if it is to be worn from an early age.