For those who do not know, asbestos is an insulating and resistant material that was widely used until it was banned in France in 1997 because of its harmful effects on health.
Asbestos is a fibrous silicate that was widely used in the past because of its many properties: fire resistance, low cost and resistance to chemical attack, among others.
Despite its many qualities, it is very toxic. Asbestos is the cause of many diseases which have been increasing for several years. Despite its ban in France, it is still present in many buildings and equipment.
Known to be finer than a human hair (400 to 500 microns), asbestos fibres are invisible in the dust of the atmosphere. When inhaled, they can be deposited deep in the lungs and cause serious respiratory diseases such as lung cancer, fibrosis or pleural plaques.
Some diseases can occur after low exposures but repeated exposure increases the likelihood of becoming ill. The health effects of exposure to asbestos often occur several years after the exposure began.
To combat this almost invisible problem, several companies offer their services to remove asbestos safely. Do you have asbestos in your building ? Call on professionals like Asteck, a certified asbestos removal company, to do the job.
Here are 5 good reasons to fight asbestos by trusting a professional in the trade :
- Benefit from specialised procedures to avoid any risks that could endanger you and the environment
- Benefit from an asbestos diagnosis and decontamination to obtain a certified result by a professional of the trade
- Benefit from a cleaning diagnosis to eliminate asbestos from top to bottom
- Benefit from a controlled project management diagnosis from start to finish to follow the progress of your asbestos removal without fear
- Benefit from a quality service even during the COVID-19 pandemic to continue the fight
Detecting and removing asbestos requires a specialised procedure by seasoned professionals. Let us accompany you to keep you informed of all the steps of your project. Your health comes first !